Update changelog post changelog, come back here occasionally to get the news
Updates can be installed just like you have installed this addon at first time: start the installer application, and download it with that. It will overwrite the old files. Optional repaints can be downloaded seperately without the base package by checking the checkbox in installer.
2017 Aug 12: (updated packages: base package)
- Center headlights are now always on if the headlight is on, as should
2017 May 08:(just notification):
- There were some problems at the file hoster, so the installer gave an error message. It's fixed now.
Sept 25: (updated packages: base package)
- Fix for problem with cab lights on 1216/U4, which sometimes does not react correctly to battery switch
- Added small cab light over the speedometer/force meter, and display, it can be switched on by pushing the cab light selector switch to forward (which used to enable timetable and desk light).
- Minor texture improvement on 1116s (ES64U2) around radio display, and main display
- Possible fix for the frame rate related 1216 battery switching problem. Now battery switch have separate ON/OFF keys. To enable the batteries press Shift-B (as before, but now you can press it for longer time, it won't hurt). To disable, press Ctrl-B.
- Fix for the headlight problems introduced when the game is updated to TS2015 (hopefully the game's internal headlight switching system won't interfere with tauruses anymore).
- updated installer to work after Java 8 update.
- AFB control notching is lowered from 10 km/h per notch to 5 km/h per notch
- PZB control lights always blinking on 1216 if there is restriction
- New coupler settings (thanks to William Green) to prevent couplings look strange and make them work more realistic, also springing are set, so prepare for kickbacks when stopping/starting long trains :)
- train brake notches are shown by name and color on "toy train" interface, also the notches are aligned to the textures, and notch names on 1216 (later for 1116/1016)
- Spanish manual is included (thanks to Juan Manuel Luengo)
- Brake cylinder max pressure is set to the realistic 3,6 BAR value (thanks to William Green)
- max Dynamic brake force is halved to be really 150kN (before, it was 300kN but the game fed back the half of the real number, now this is patched from script)
- Note that Dovetail games with the TS2014 release broken the dynamic brake on remote controlled locomotives AGAIN, so dynamic brake works only on driven locomotive(not Taurus specific, not works on any locomotive in the game), on helper locomotives it only sounds like it works, but really it isn't.
- Some smaller things that i forgot :)
- "Alternative sounds by Taurus0815, and Hyglo" have been updated to latest version
- small fix for the problem that prevented releasing penalty brakes after PZB 500hz
- Notched trainbrake, and AFB speed control
- in 1216 now the percentage on the display shows the state of throttle and dynamic brake levers
- border for the left side radio display
- Bigger locomotive brake controller on both locomotives
- In reverse (reverser set to -100%), PZB is off, but 100 km/h speed restriction is active.
- Modified coupling, and coupler settings, which should eliminate the problem of wagons bumpers sliding into the bumpers of the locomotives, also the gap in the coupler when the wagons pulled by strong force.
- more updates later
- Added optional package for new locomotive sounds "Alternative sounds by Taurus0815, and Hyglo"
- 1216/ES64U4: Texture added to the display on the left side of driver's desk
- On 1216, the ammeter is now yellow if electric brake is on.
- "Zugbeeinflussung" sound is activated at every wachsam keypress, if 1000hz is active.
- New inverter sound for 1216/U4
- The links for the installer application are changed to: Main Alternative Now these links will show a proxy page, which redirects you to the real link, so no need to share the new links every time when changes, as these pages will always redirect you to the installer.
- Repaints, reskins that are use "reskin blueprint", no geopcdx files, are moved to rwp packages, to here: http://trainsimcontents.blogspot.com/2013/12/more-repaints-rwp.html and will be removed from installer.
- Minor fix for the initial restrictive mode, which re-enabled the PZB on reverser switching even if the player disabled it before.
- restrictive mode at start can be lifted now with "frei"
- PZB is disabled when the reverser is not set to movement (forward or backward), and restarts when re-set.
- Attempt to patch in lua script the tractive effort negation bug of the game engine with certain train configurations, by using the sign of ammeter values (which clearly shows when the locomotive is throttling or braking), instead of the occupied cab value. This means there should be no problem with MU configurations and the directions of the locomotives in the train.
- On 1216/ES64U4 when passing 1000hz, the "V-Überwachung" text should only appear after the player pressed the wachsam button
- Both locomotives now start in restrictive PZB mode.
- Minor sound changes, sifa whistle sound added
- Disable lights mode added to the light mode selector on the right display
- The installer is updated at 2014 january 29. please update it (can be found on same link as before, always on the same link(http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28503222/installer.html))
- Fix for PZB messages wasn't ignored when LZB was on.
- Trick to prevent the center light occluded by the rolled up roller blinds on 1216
- Added door indicator on 1216
- At PZB blinking now only the blue background is blinking
- separate cab camera file for 1216, with view slightly moved forward.
- Fixed the scale of the separate motor tractive effort monitoring on 1216 right hand display, now peaks at 75 kN instead of 90
- attempt to reduce the oscillation of the throttle control in AFB mode on both locomotives
- on 1216 LZB target speed arrow (red arrowhead) is now independent from the set AFB speed
Jan 12: (updated packages: base package, "OBB Italia, SZ541, RekordLok by Nicola Mangialardo", RailJet Pack, "OBB kyoto express, and Wiener Stadtischen 1016 repaint")
- As all of the engine bin files changed, the external repaints that not made with reskin blueprint. Will not work correctly until the repaint's bin files aren't updated. The repaints that are made by using Reskin blueprint, do not need any modification, that why it's recommended to use this repainting method.
- 1216test package removed
- 1216/ES64U4 cab released, 1216 package is moved to base package, with the OBB and Adria paints
- ES64U2 cab pantograph and circuit breaker switch behavior changed to sprung switch (off, neutral, on, always returns to central position after released), just like in the 1216 cab
- Both locomotives got Sifa and PZB status announces when the player switch these systems on/off (Ctrl-Shift-S for Sifa, Ctrl-Shift-A for PZB), alternatively in 1216 the PZB can be toggled by clicking on the PZB icon on the central display.
- Both locomotives now should activate the wagon's red lights (if those implemented these), when the headlights are on in normal mode (this means while the lights set to shunt, light engine, or pushing locomotive mode, wagon red lights won't be activated).
- Some controls of 1216 have changed to fit the new cab. As the 1216 have the configuration panel somewhere in the machine room instead of cab, battery switch is now can be toggled by Shift-B, the brake mode setup can be changed up/down by Shift- ' / ; (same keys as the trainbrake control +shift), Shift-P and Ctrl-P sets the pantograph modes (Front, Rear, Auto, Both). The AC/DC pantographs raised/lowered according to the selected railnetwork system (AC for DB/OBB/"Generic" 25kV systems, DC for RFI and SZ systems.) Light configuration, and railnetwork can be selected on the right hand display. See this Youtube video
- Sifa pedal sound added.
Nov 24: (base package, "1216 test")
- Added "lens flare" effects to taurus lights (lens flare effect works only in TSX mode, can be enabled in graphics options.
- Some new sounds by Taurus0815
- Changed "Zugbeeinflussung" sound activation events
- New downloaders had sounds missing on 1216/ES64U4, now it's fixed.
- Added "Quick Drive" consists and consist fragments that use Hannover-Hamburg route rolling stock to make TS2014 standard edition buyers able to use tauruses in Quick Drive. (who have Munich-Augburg, Ruhr Sieg line, or European community asset pack, no need to update)
- AFB speed controls remapped to RSC style (Y to increase target speed, C to decrease)
- When AFB switched on, the tractive force isn't falls back to 0 anymore.
- "Sifa" warning will be played twice before penalty braking
- Lowered headlight brightness.
- As RSC have fixed the bug of the dynamic brake force feedback (showed the half of the real force), the workaround for it removed from the taurus scripts.
- Traction force skipping to original setting when locomotive brake was applied then released is now fixed
- some new sounds
- One click for the throttle lever instead of continuous
- When PZB is enabled, maximal speed enforcement is implemented (165 km/h in pzb mode 85, 125 in 75, 105 km/h in 55 mode
- AFB target speed pointer now can't be set over 165 km/h if PZB is enabled, and LZB is not active (as in real)
- Update in german manual
- Assigned hotkeys to horn tone switch ( "b" and "n"
- Realistic horn tone (it shouldn't be a selector, but a switch that sounds the horn immediately as the switch is pushed
- Refreshed german manual
Aug 02: (base package, "1216 test")
2013 Jan 27:
- LZB now have look-ahead for 2 speed limits, so it should notice the speed limit in short distance behind another speed limit (fe. permanent speed limit and signal speed limit behind it)
- Dynamic(electric) brake force reduced to real strength and the dials patched to write correct values (as due to the bug in the game engine, 150kN dynamic brake force written by the game, is really 300 kN (that's why every rolling stock in game have too strong dynamic brakes)), so expect half dynamic brake strength for Tauruses
- Electric converter cooling sound and traction motor cooling sound are now different (first is enabled when the loco gets power from overhead wire, the second, can be switched from the cab (off, automatic(default), always on), like in real
- More airbrake usage in LZB mode (due to the corrected dynamic brake effort)
- Removed a grey placeholder cube shape that is left under the locomotive in the past update.
- WLC Roland, SLB, RTS, LTE, Cargo serv repaints for 1216 are downloadable with installer
- Wachsam button got ball, as that is the standard.
- Target force small needle is locked to the bigger force needle (can't be done realistically due to game engine limitations)
- handling of "500" PZB message is included (as vR changed their pzb message from "PZB500" to "500", now it should work on Berlin Wittenberg
- the trick of Dave Dewhurst on UKtrainsim is included, however the presence of the driver is still random for me, but it may work for others. (Just done that trick and first, the driver appeared in the cab on same livery, then i closed the game, and loaded the same scenario again, and the driver was missing... So i loaded it again, and the driver was there again)
- slower pantograph animation added (and fixed no power issues or for those who updated/downloaded at jun 21-23)
- Added "Türfreigabe" sound at door open
- Added that weird sound when enabling the batteries.
- Cooling sound is now independent from reverser state
- fixed the missing animation file (that cause weird movements of the tractive effort target needle), only the base package changed.
- Throttle lever keyboard sensitivity is restored, as it become less sensitive in yesterday update, for some reason (probably because a silent TS2013 update from RSC)
- More realistic working(limited by the modest capabilities of the game engine) target tractive effort needle, that now shows the dynamic brake target effort too.
- OBB skin with 3 pantographs is restored (for these you need to set the number manually in scenario editor, in the upper right flyout menu when double clicking on the locomotive, in 1116XXX-X scheme)
- little changes in pantograph sound
- fixed possible bug when the third pantograph on ES64U2-s didn't lowered.
- Added: OBB 175y, and Leonardo da Vinci repaints for 1216 by Nicola Mangialardo (installed in seperate package, so you need to check these in the scenario editor, however these repaints will appear only if HRQ/Taurus package is checked too)
- Change in main package and 1216 base package, to make the main circuit breaker disabled at start (except in free roam scenarios), and lower the sifa activation time to 30 seconds from 50.
- Replacing some junk from the big blueprints, to make them lighter.
- A missing file from the last update, is now uploaded (caused that ES64U2-s doesn't had sound, for those who have newly installed the full pack at may 4)
- Conversion of some of the ES64U2s to use reskin blueprint, more will be converted if RSC fixes the reskin blueprint (but it's very unlikely as i know RSC...). Scenarios that made using these converted locos (railion, A1, Audi, Greenmobilty, GySEV 1116 06, Hitradio, OBB 1116 3P, RailCargo Hungary, Telekom, Wiener Stadtischen) before the conversion, will crash(SBHH) at load without modification, as the game (who knows why) storing reskinned locos in different way. But with this tool these can be fixed (it searches the rolling stock references in scenario.bin-s and fixes them if it's necessary). You can select folders with the tool, in that case it will search for every scenario.bin files in the selected folder and the subdirectories. It makes backup from the scenario.bins before modifying them (scenarion.bin.bak).
- Smaller updates in sounds (pantograph rise, cooling, circuit breaker), blank timetable texture in cab, etc.
- The most of the 1216 repaints changed to use "reskin blueprint" instead of normal blueprint. If you placed already these modified 1216s in scenarios with normal blueprint it will cause that scenario will crash(locos with reskin blueprint and normal blueprint saved differently). If you placing them newly in a scenario it will work correctly. Quick Drive is not affected, is should work without any change.
- The Installer application is updated, now it works like STEAM's verify game cache feature. It will check the currently installed files first(only those that are belong to a package), and then it will download only those that are missing from your installation, or changed. This means if only one file is changed, only that file will be downloaded. Also the optional package list is more visible. Please download and use the new installer from now.
- Added new optional package: SZ 541 "Manner", SLB 1216, WLC 1216 954 repaints for 1216
- The recorder loco had missing files, now these are supplied in that package (OBB Italia, SZ541, RekordLok repaints for 1216 by Nicola Mangialardo)
- New optional repains for 1216 by Nicola Mangialardo (OBB Italia, 1216-025 (Recorder loco, with speed limits lifted), SZ 541
- New optional repaints for 1216 by Nicola Mangialardo (CFI, FUC, FuoriMuro, InRail)
- Added: working external brake indicators for 1216
- the TEST version of 1216 (ES64U4) is downloadable as an OPTIONAL package. It's using the original U2 cab, as it's own cab is not ready. It will be released later, when it's done(it's far from that now), including everything that is connected to the cab. So currently the 1216 works like the original 1116/ES64U2, the exceptions are the animated mirrors (M key for cab 1, Shift-M for cab 2), and the switch between AC/DC pantographs (Shift-P). It will remain an optional package, until it's fully completed.
- Fix for reversed LZB work when the loco is reversed
- Attempt to avoid the most of the 0 speed displaying on LZB display, when the next speed limit is in more than 10km distance
- the smooth throttle run up should work again in AFB mode too
- PZB now not blocks SIFA
- PZB 1000hz restriction is now automatically gets disabled 1200m from the activation if it isn't activated again.
- Different control for airbrake hiss sound, to avoid continous hissing after changing cab or locomotive
- Some other little fixes
- No changes in engine bins, so the external repaints that have been fixed for dec 04 update, should work without problem.
2013 Jan 27:
- Those who still want to use these locomotives in TS2012, should install this package (This should be installed every time, if you update the base package) Who are using TS2013, just ignore this.
- LZB implementation
- Cleaned from british AWS, from now this loco shouldn't react to AWS magnets.
- EVM for WLB repaint
- some changes under the hood
- new Quick Drive consists using "Legacy" assets (European Community Asset pack DLC (Kuju assets for Ruhr-Sieg route) indicated with ECA), and using Munich-Augburg assets (indicated with MA), see more in manual.
- All external repaint bin files should be updated too, otherwise will not work properly.
- Little fixes in (only) Railjet pack (added EVM to the 3p variant, added the routes for quick drive consist)
- Two RailJet paints one with third pantograph and "skirt", plus dynamic "spirit of" names on it, and a two pantograph variant without "skirt".
- 7 new OBB werbelok repaints by Csitti special thanks to Csánki Zsolt for textures: A1, Audi, Green Mobilty, Hitradio, Kyoto Express, Telekom Austria, Wiener Stadtischen
- some changes in bogie textures, and Liszt werbelok texture
- pantograph sparking implemented (the sparking probability depends on speed, and the drawn current from the wire
- the previously downloadable scenario for Seebergbahn is now included in pack
- F4 toy train interface improvements, now throttle and trainbrake control works with that too (i you're using external repaints, engine bin/xml files should be updated, or else those repainted engines won't work correctly)
- New version of installer application, which supports optional repaint downloads. There will be a list with the available optional repaints, which you can select from (you can select multiple items too), and there is a checkbox to select whether you want to download only the repaint, or the core files too. Please download the installer again to see these
- Optional repaint added: GySEV 1116 061 weathered by Minyó Anzelm
- Quick drive compatible consists with tauruses and default rolling stock, on Hagen-Siegen aka Ruhr-Siegen (also set to Seebergbahn, but quick drive not works on that route for some reason)
- Implemented cab sound occlusion (muffled sounds in cab)
- Locomotive information, and preview thumbnails
- Some other tweaks
- We didn't change anything, credit goes to RSC, for TS2013
- They replaced the old sound system with new, so some switch and lever sounds started to work on Taurus :D (it should have worked, but the old system was a big mess). Check it out on TS2013 ;)
- We are on Google+ https://plus.google.com/u/0/115591658554368376924
- replaced wheel textures with more realistic ones(see the screenshot below), also change in lit signal headlight texture.
- 22:50 GMT the fix of the fix (RSC style) center light texture had slide some pixels because of a bug in photo editor, now it's fixed
- New repaint, 470 503 "Liszt Ferenc" added, by Csitti
- Minor bugfix in installer, please re download it if you need to use that.
- Added another new werbelok repaint "Aranycsapat" (GoldenTeam) by Csitti
- Lowered brake lever coupling sensitivity for those who had problems with low frame rate
- Two new repaints included in pack (ÖBB Kinderdorf werbelok, and Wiener Lokalbahn) by Csitti
- The WLB loco also have LED signal light textures
- Fixed Gysev front numbering position
- AFB vs brake lever fixes
- slight change in model, hopefully won't break any repaints
- Little PZB fix (now the befehl light and zubbeeinflussung sound at passing red, only comes up when the pass is done)
- Coupled brake levers (if the trainbrake and dynamic brake levers are close, the dynamic brake lever will be pulled by trainbrake lever, else they can be moved independently)
- Headlight radiuses lowered (now the signal light barely illuminate anything, like the real)
- PZB fixes (more realism, implemented restricted mode) for handling, see the manual (PZB system is compatible with the default, and vR pzb magnets too)
- Zwangbremsung sound fixes
- Implemented working TR button (used at phase limits in reality
- More realistic trainbrake control.
- Driver in outside view is included
- Some changes in sound.
- RailCargo Hungary variant texture specularity is reduced
- In Testtrak scenario, the locomotives moved from overhead wire-less rails to wired.
- Door state indication (more advanced features later if those are possible)
- Minor changes in cab textures
- New RailCargo Hungary paint by Minyó Anzelm
- still there were wrong links in 3 pantograph variant, now it should work correctly
- improved sounds, squeal sound at start added, new circuit breaker sound, background "engine" noise in cab, etc.
- Wrong model(without 3rd pantograph) loaded for 3P blueprint is fixed. If you have used that variant already, delete it from scenarios, download the update and place it again. It's also very recommended to delete Assets/HRQ/Taurus/ES64U2/OBB3panto/OBB3panto_ES64U.bin before updating, OR you can delete the whole Assets\HRQ folder, (if you didn't made repaints), as it will be reinstalled anyway by the installer, with the updates.
- Slight changes in Sifa
- Improved PZB (see the manual) for 500hz magnets, a modified script is needed (and of course the 500hz magnets on route (Default routes don't have these installed)
- 3 pantograph version is added with ÖBB livery. The third pantograph is used in Switzerland in reality. The third pantograph can be raised by rotating the pantograph selector to it's limit to left (the notch is below the "1" number notch). Of course it's only works on "ES64U2 ÖBB 1116 3P"
- Evening: light texture on 3P is fixed, also slight change (lower volume at traction motor sound between 40-80 km/h)
- more realistic PZB work at 1000hz magnets (PZB can be toggled with Ctrl-Shift-A)
- changed forced braking for warning systems (now it isn't uses the default game engine emergency brake, so it isn't get bugged
- Train length checking implemented (the thing with Roadrunner "bip bip" sound) (use by pressing Ctrl-T (twice))
- new sound component added at acceleration
- cab camera view lowered by 8 centimetres
- Changed taillight configuration to prevent it to shine in to cab, and to make it slightly illuminate the coupled wagon.
- Rare script bug(AB battery and the lcd display isn't got enabled) if the frame rate was low now fixed
- Texture source pack is released in Gimp 2.8 format, see in the other post.
- Removed non default rolling stock from the scenarios
- Added ability to disable/enable SIFA during the gameplay (press Ctrl-Shift-S)
- More transparent windows in cab
- Higher quality inverter sound (if you more like the old, Assets\HRQ\Taurus\Audio\inverterhigh3.dav.old and delete the .old from it's name)
- Slight changes at cooling simulation
- DB and railion textures fixed: the sides of the roof were colored, but on BR182 those should be dark grey too.
- afternoon: cooling system sounds replaced with other, locomotive brake lever got a partial fix (the center notch is not random anymore at least, however it still not like the real due to the limitations of the game engine)
- late afternoon: Pantograph raising and lowering now have sounds when using pantograph selector. AFB is changed, now it isn't use airbrake, only dynamic brake at max brake force. If the trainbrake, or dynamic brake lever not in release position, that causes instant loss of traction force, both in normal
- evening: Missing center halogen headlight fixed, also now both cabs have cab lights, and the roof light placement is corrected (left light was lit when the right should have, and vice versa)
- initial release